Heavy Rock Song

chunkybeef31

Hey guys, this is a demo of a song on my band's new record. The Genre is supposed to be Heavy Rock/Hard Rock. I did not spend any time really mixing, just doing the tracking. It would help me out a lot if I can could get some outside feedback/opinions on this song's parts and arrangement to make it the best it can be.

http://soundcloud.com/chunkybeef31/hhhu

Hey guys, this is a demo of a song on my band's new record. The Genre is supposed to be Heavy Rock/Hard Rock. I did not spend any time really mixing, just doing the tracking. It would help me out a lot if I can could get some outside feedback/opinions on this song's parts and arrangement to make it the best it can be.

http://soundcloud.com/chunkybeef31/hhhu

YOUR MIX IS TOO HOT, make sure none of your mixers are above 10-7 db unless the sound is loud or you want somthing to stick out, this is just way too.

YOUR MIX IS TOO HOT, make sure none of your mixers are above 10-7 db unless the sound is loud or you want somthing to stick out, this is just way too.

Thanks for the advice. I am not in charge of the mixing, we have a studio for that, I am just in charge of the tracking for me and my band mates. Any other feedback on the song? aside from mixing?

It's not too hot at all Mr Sonic.

I mean, don't get me wrong it's very hot but stylistically it's what you would expect. You don't normally buy hard rock for the dynamic range. You can argue loudness war debates etc but if you buy a rock album, this is the volume you get 90% of the time.

Pretty cool, guitar is a bit out of time at the slowdown, and the vocals are a bit odd sounding in places but it's pretty well balanced. Nice bass sound in particular.

It's not too hot at all Mr Sonic.

I mean, don't get me wrong it's very hot but stylistically it's what you would expect. You don't normally buy hard rock for the dynamic range. You can argue loudness war debates etc but if you buy a rock album, this is the volume you get 90% of the time.

Pretty cool, guitar is a bit out of time at the slowdown, and the vocals are a bit odd sounding in places but it's pretty well balanced. Nice bass sound in particular.

Mis conception here.

Im saying his mixer is too hot then he compress the track, making the track somewhat undefined, i mean half of my track are louder then this (which they i should lower lol ) but clear and defined, especially when i mix guitars, so what im saying is the mixer should be at appropriate levels, then use a loudness maximizer, use a compressor brickwall limit and add gain over, or use a exciter, kinda like this

Ither ways of what I said too much loudness diminish sound quality and clarity making a track sound loud and weak and nothing sticks out when there suppost to stick out like drums and guitar solos :P