New VGM composer album! "OneBigAlbum"

Liontamer

Just received this info about a new charity album project involving a ton of VGM composers. Looks like names will be out later, and so many games there that had multiple composers, so you can't infer everything. But with the game credits listed, it looks like some big names are involved!

Video pimpage thing:

----------------------------------------------------------

February 17th, 2011: The Game Music Initiative, in collaboration with OneBigGame, Inc., today announce its exciting new charity project dubbed OneBigAlbum. This project, one of the biggest game musician collaborations in history, involves the pending digital release of a unique music album created by many contributing game music composers.

OneBigAlbum will have over a dozen never before heard tracks especially created for this album by a range of talented and well known composers.

Currently the OneBigAlbum project will feature music written by composers that worked on titles such as Dead Space 2, Alien Breed, Deus Ex, Command & Conquer: Red Alert, God of War, Brütal Legend, and Fairytale Fights. A list of contributing composers will be announced at a later date.

The Game Music Initiative will act as the overseeing and coordinating body for the project, whereas OneBigGame, Inc. will act as publisher and distributor of the album. OneBigGame, Inc. will donate 80% of all proceeds made from sales of this unique fan-service album to two charity foundations: The Starlight Children's Foundation and Save the Children. A release date for the album has not yet been determined and is likely to be announced in the near future.

Ruud van de Moosdijk, founder and project coordinator of the Game Music Initiative explains: “I always felt that game music composers often do not get the appreciation that they deserve. I wanted to do something to increase the general awareness for the talent of these composers and put them in the spotlight more. When I talked about my ideas with Martin de Ronde from OneBigGame, Inc., one thing led to another and the OneBigAlbum project was born. The opportunity to realize some of my ideas and support charity at the same time is amazing and the support from the composers has been incredible.”

For more information:

The Game Music Initiative:

Ruud van de Moosdijk

Project Coordinator

ruud@engine-software.com

OneBigGame, Inc.:

Martin de Ronde

Managing Director

martin.de.ronde@onebiggame.org

The Game Music Initiative -

www.GameMusicInitiative.com / Facebook / LinkedIn