Two Tracks: One With a Dark, Sci-fi Feel and the Other Sounding like a Megaman X-themed Composition

Dr. Mack Foxx

Greetings! I'm quite new to OCRemix, so I figured I would start things off with my first two original tracks. All these tracks are hosted at the Newgrounds Audio Portal for now.

My sound font of choice is currently WinGroove Software Synthesizer V0.A4

"Industrial Ruins" http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/378759

This is my first original tune and it was composed in a day after figuring out how to operate my MIDI-sequencing program, Music Studio Independence. If you ask me, this song would be fitting as the BGM for the ruins of an alien or advanced civilization. What wonders will you discover? What horrors await you in the dark, metallic depths?

"Reploid Deployment" http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/390747

This song is inspired by the SNES Megaman X games. If you ask me, it would be pretty good as the intro stage to one of these games. I've actually had this tune in my head for several years, but I only recently figured out how to sequence my own MIDI files.

Constructice criticism is appreciated, especially as I still have a lot to learn when it comes to working with MIDI files. I hope you enjoy my first compositions. :)

Um...Industrial Ruins is good, but I think the melody could use a better sequence of notes, at first it sounds all dark and eerie, then it turns into a modern anti-terrorist action music movie score, then it turns into just blazeh...just look at a picture or video of what your music is based on and you should get the melody right...right now the melody seems placeholder...

Reploid Deployment isn't bad, but is in dire need of mastering. Also the main melody's notes could be spaced apart (vertically) greater to create more depth. A global pitch change in the middle might be interesting to hear as well.

Um...Industrial Ruins is good, but I think the melody could use a better sequence of notes, at first it sounds all dark and eerie, then it turns into a modern anti-terrorist action music movie score, then it turns into just blazeh...just look at a picture or video of what your music is based on and you should get the melody right...right now the melody seems placeholder...

Reploid Deployment isn't bad, but is in dire need of mastering. Also the main melody's notes could be spaced apart (vertically) greater to create more depth. A global pitch change in the middle might be interesting to hear as well.

Well, these are my first songs. Gotta start somewhere. ^_^; I don't even know what "Mastering" is, to be honest. :? Certainly gives you an idea of my level of experience. :laughs:

At any rate: thank you very much for taking the time to listen to my tunes and for the critique. I really appreciate it. :)