FL9 DXi question

I recently installed windows 7 64bit edition which required me (of course) to reinstall my DAWs. The two in which I use are now Pro Tools 9 Student Edition and FL9 (extended memory).

After reinstalling EQWLSO Gold I noticed that I could only get FL to detect the DXi for it and not the VST. I can open the DXi and load an instrument but there would be no sound coming out. I'm not familiar with DXi's. What exactly are they and can I get it to work with FL9 WITH sound?

I'd load EWQLSO into PT9 but it only uses RTAS. SO fooey. :(

I recently installed windows 7 64bit edition which required me (of course) to reinstall my DAWs. The two in which I use are now Pro Tools 9 Student Edition and FL9 (extended memory).

After reinstalling EQWLSO Gold I noticed that I could only get FL to detect the DXi for it and not the VST. I can open the DXi and load an instrument but there would be no sound coming out. I'm not familiar with DXi's. What exactly are they and can I get it to work with FL9 WITH sound?

I'd load EWQLSO into PT9 but it only uses RTAS. SO fooey. :(

And you're sure the VST is in the right place (C:\Program Files\VstPlugins) and you pressed Rescan in the channel list?

If that doesn't work, did you try reinstalling EWQLSO again?

I've never used DXi, but a quick google suggests "you must have the latest DirectXMedia installed (it's now included in DirectX run-time installation, that can be downloaded from www.microsoft.com)." To use it in the Wrapper.

-<http://flstudio.image-line.com/help/html/chansettings_plugin.htm>