EFP Vol 3: Japan Tribute & Fundraiser

Zen Frazier

Hi All,

We had a ton of support from OCR for Electro Freaks Present Vol 2 back in October, so I hope you'll enjoy this announcement...

The Electro Freaks are organizing EFP Vol 2 as a tribute album to raise funds for Japan relief. The album will be released on Friday, March 25, 2011. We won't be collecting money directly; rather, we're encouraging everyone to donate directly so that 100% of funds go to your preferred charity. We'll give you a download link afterwards (more details to come on release day...)

Anyway, I'm posting this here now in case any electronic artists want to participate by donating a song for the album. Deadline to submit is Wed, March 23. Fast I know, but we want to turn this around quickly. So far we have tracks from OCR remixers Flexstyle, Hollidayrain, and SGX as well as many more of our Electro Freaks regulars and some newcomers.

Details can be found on our website at http://electrofreakspresent.com/

Thanks for your support and stay tuned for release details to come!

Just a friendly bump/reminder... Any electronic artists interested in submitting a track for our tribute, deadline is about 24 hours from now. See 1st post for link and details...

Thanks! And for you listeners - stay tuned we've got another exciting release coming together! :)

Hey Guys,

EFP Vol 03: For Japan is complete and the fundraiser is now officially started!

637480020-1.jpg

Preview: http://electrofreaks.bandcamp.com

Download: http://www.electrofreakspresent.com

Follow: http://www.twitter.com/electrofreaks61

Thanks for your support! We hope you enjoy the album!

About Electro Freaks

Electro Freaks is an online music community founded in October 2008. The group consists of electronic music fans, artists, and listeners from all corners of the world, united by a common love of electronic music in its many varied forms. The Electro Freaks Presents compilations are produced by the fans, for the fans. EFP Vol 01 was released on June 1, 2009 and was regarded by all involved as a resounding success. EFP Vol 02 was released October 10, 2010 and has over 440 downloads to date. This is the community’s third release. A total of 45 different artists have contributed 81 tracks to all three EFP albums.

EFP Vol 03: For Japan Tracklist:

1. zircon - Bushido Blade [03:14]

2. Oscillist - Green Leaves Grey Skies [04:56]

3. Phrakture - Sidewalkin' Slow [07:23]

4. Hearhere - Killer [03:52]

5. Hollidayrain - Don't Let Go [07:54]

6. Bankai - Faun (Vox) [08:07]

7. Kegaska - The Valve [05:29]

8. SGX - And All That Between [04:50]

9. Cosmicity - Truth [04:36]

10. smokething - Devotion [02:13]

11. Broke For Free - Never In My Life [04:32]

12. Pellicle - Clouds [04:52]

13. Flexstyle - Agua Fria [03:53]

14. Color Theory - If It's My Time to Go [04:40]

15. The Polish Ambassador - Cougar [07:57]

16. Able Danger - Department of Health and Human Sadness [03:54]

17. Doktor Vass - Four Minute Silence [04:00]

18. Viola - Newest, Hottest, Whatever [03:32]

19. The Siamese Electric - Fades Away [04:05]

20. Fetal Pulse - Out of the Bush [05:05]

21. Alex Gloworld - Simmering [04:38]

22. Slug A - Mas Bellas [07:32]

23. Xcone - Void (Japan Natural Disaster Tribute Remix) [04:42]

24. axisONE - How I Prefer You [03:32]

25. The Colour Club - Bad Friday [05:28]

26. Burro Music - Vainglory [05:37]

27. Harperactive - The Milkman Conspiracy [02:12]

28. Temple Scene - Holding Back the Tide [03:56]

Total Playing Time: [2h 16m 55s]

© All rights reserved to the individual artists.

Awesome project, and of course, for a great cause. Even though I only spent 16 days in Japan on my first trip there 2 months ago, I feel like I could go back anytime and feel, at least in part, at home. So many good memories. Jill and I were both just shocked at the damage wrought by these natural disasters, so I'm glad I'm able to help out in even a small way.

^^ Thanks guys - the Electro Freaks really appreciate the generous contributions from you and all of the artists involved!

So far we've amassed over $1,000 in donations (self-reported anonymous statistic)! Thanks to anyone here who donated/supported! We're going for as much as possible so if you haven't yet, please consider donating and getting your copy of this awesome tribute album today! :)

A little dismayed that some people actually put "0" and just downloaded the album anyway. Kinda not the point but that's what an "honor system" will bring you sometimes I guess. :|

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

Japan got hit by another quake, another tsunami warning, nuclear situation still unsettled, many homeless for the foreseeable future... They're not out of the woods yet... Please consider donating!

Thank you. Our fundraiser tally is now up to over $1500 and thanks to anyone here who donated and downloaded the album!

So I just go to one of the

red cross links, donate, then tell you how much I put in for on the pledge form? I'm kinda confused about how to donate @_@.

Yes - just donate directly to those organizations however much you want, and just tell us how much you donated. You'll get the download link after you submit the form. :)

It's an honor system but we felt it was the best way. No middleman = no fees!

• 3 weeks later...