musicians needed for remote orchestral recordings

mrtrent

I want to attempt to recruit several musicians who play orchestral instruments to individually record the parts for their instrument I have written for my arrangement of the Sonic 3 boss theme. The plan is pretty noncommittal. If you play an instrument, I send you the sheet music and a click track. You play to that track ( so that everyone recording is playing at the same tempo) and record yourself until you think you have the best recording possible, send it to me, then I'll mix all of the different parts together and see what we come up with. Obviously there will be varying sound qualities, but I want to give it a try. At least everyone should be on the same tempo!

Does anyone want to partake in this experiment? If you are, I would prefer you message me here or on my youtube account. Youtube.com/mrtrent

here is the piece I have in mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yVaS5MGIXU

Oh...I would really only need one person for each instrument. You would record all the parts for your instrument though. For example, I only need one F horn player, and he or she would record F Horn 1,2,3 and 4. A violin player would just play their part by themselves and we would duplicate the track several times for the string section feel.

The instrumentation is...

Flute 1

Flute 2/Piccolo

Oboe 1

Oboe 2

Clarinet 1

Clarinet 2

Bassoon 1

Bassoon 2

F Horn 1,2,3,4

Bb Trumpet 1,2,3

Trombone 1,2

Bass Trombone

Tuba

Timpani

Drum Set

Percussion 1, 2

Harp

Violin section 1

Violin section 2

Viola section

Violincello section

Double Bass Section

If you really need it, I can try playing Second Trombone for you(EDIT: And first, too. I thought the two parts were separate, my bad). Although, I will warn you, my mic is absolutely horridble, and it won't sound very good. So it's kinda like a last resort kind of thing.

If you really need it, I can try playing Second Trombone for you(EDIT: And first, too. I thought the two parts were separate, my bad). Although, I will warn you, my mic is absolutely horridble, and it won't sound very good. So it's kinda like a last resort kind of thing.

If you want to give it a try be my guest =)

I'm not going to be picky on this project !

Just PM me your email address and I'll shoot the sheet music to you. If you record anything, great, and if not, thats alright too!

If you want to give it a try be my guest =)

I'm not going to be picky on this project !

Just PM me your email address and I'll shoot the sheet music to you. If you record anything, great, and if not, thats alright too!

I'll wait and see if anyone who has better recording equipment signs up for this. Anyways, you can email me at eilios@live.ca either way.

I can do tuba and bass trombone. Depending on the range of it, I could also play the other trombone parts.

I gotta warn you, though. This is a huge undertaking and getting interest and players is rough. Several of us tried this before for a jazz orchestra and we couldn't get trumpets comfortable with lead ranges or a solid rhythm section. There's going to need to be a ton of other work put into this.

I can do tuba and bass trombone. Depending on the range of it, I could also play the other trombone parts.

I gotta warn you, though. This is a huge undertaking and getting interest and players is rough. Several of us tried this before for a jazz orchestra and we couldn't get trumpets comfortable with lead ranges or a solid rhythm section. There's going to need to be a ton of other work put into this.

Glad to have you on board! Send me your email address and I'll send you the click track and sheet music.

Don't worry, I don't have my heart set on this or anything. I am leaving everything up to each individual player to do their own part. If they don't , then oh well. I don't have any deadline or anything.

• 2 weeks later...

I can play horn - sounds like there are some fun horn horn parts in your arrangement. I can play all the parts, as long as the lower horns aren't too low - my tone is a little bleh in the lower ranges - anything below a low F (Bb concert) and I would have too much trouble unless I can belt it out xP