Love on the Battlefield (Metal Gear Solid - Enclosure piano improvisation)

Emunator

Remix: http://tindeck.com/listen/xufj

Source:

Metal Gear Solid 1 spoilers ahead, fair warning.

Here's sort of an old one, I was sitting at the piano, late at night in somewhat of a melancholy state, when I suddenly was stricken with memories of (in my opinion) one of the most heartwrenching moments in video game history - the death of Sniper Wolf at the hands of Snake, and Otakon's grief-stricken reaction immediately after as he watches the love of his life die in front of him. "I want to ask you. Do you think love can bloom even on a battlefield? " This line was my inspiration for this piece. I started playing and this came out.

This improv was a pretty emotional one for me, I ended up using a lot of powerful chords and ended with a more cinematic style that's pretty out of character for someone who usually performs ambient, easy-listening material. I guess I just got caught up in the moment :-)

As usual, I just recorded this in one straight take without much/any planning and with no editing afterward. Raw and dirty with performance mistakes left intact. It's not very technically proficient (I've only been playing piano for a few years) but I hope you can appreciate the performance and the significance of the inspiration nonetheless.

I think I still have the project file, so if enough people think it's worth my time and can give me some specific critiques, I might be able to polish this one up. I doubt it's OCR quality but I'd love to get other opinions on if they'd like to see this kind of thing submitted.

Cheers!

I'm not into piano solos but I loved it. It made me feel sad (success!?). I think there was an accepted mix of Shenmue's 'ShaHua' a long time ago which sounds very close to your mix, so it is definitely OCR material.

One small thing, the buildup came a little late I think. Also it needs more crazy dramatic portion before you come back to a calm ending.