Luck of the Draw

Hey there.

So there's a bit of a story to this one. My friend was in some class that had to do with social change, and he ended up organizing a conference about various nature-related things. One of the ideas he came up with was to interview some people in the local area about their best times outdoors, then to take those interviews and make songs inspired by them. Him and some friends played something live with a little trio band, and he asked me to try and produce a song based on one. Basically, this is the result of that.

Some things to note about this:

- It was my first time using recorded voice audio clips and messing with them, so I'm unsure of how the intro bit turned out in that regard. (There was also some crappy background noise in the recordings that I couldn't really get rid of, so apologies for that)

- I realize its a little bit repetitive, using the same chord progression pretty much throughout. To be fair I was going for a simple chill song of sorts, but I regret not having a bit more variation.

- This was also my first time recording guitar directly through my audio interface in FL Studio. (I may actually revisit the guitar part in the future and rework it)

- I may revisit this song in the future, but it is a finished product as of right now.

The thing I focused the most on in this song was getting a good mix quality. I tried to make sure all the instruments I chose worked together and fit well into the mix, and I tried not to clip (which I've been notorious for in the past).

If anyone has any ideas about the quality of my mixing, the overall musical content, or even any redeeming qualities, please share! I'd really appreciate any and all feedback.

Soundcloud: Click here!

YouTube: Click Here! (I put it to a slideshow of Autumn shots from DeviantArt, so people at the conference didn't have to stare at a blank screen while a song played)