Needing some feedback

Zach

Hey all, I went digging through some old project files earlier and I stumbled upon this little gem. I made it about a year ago, initially as just a backtrack to practice soloing over, but it began to change into an actual song over time. I think the end needs work, and some low end stuff needs EQed, but other than that, I think its alright. Im open for suggestions!

http://soundcloud.com/zachgreen/mosaic

Hey all, I went digging through some old project files earlier and I stumbled upon this little gem. I made it about a year ago, initially as just a backtrack to practice soloing over, but it began to change into an actual song over time. I think the end needs work, and some low end stuff needs EQed, but other than that, I think its alright. Im open for suggestions!

http://soundcloud.com/zachgreen/mosaic

The pad is weird(not bad, just weird), your kicks need boosting, there's too much left balance, your organ synth is okay sounding!

The drums are repetitive, the bassline is rad, the drums are overbearing, the melody is really hard to pin down, everything is kinda muddy. The detuned synth is pretty cool! Your snare is kinda weird, and you need to work on drum programming(not making the sounds, I mean sequencing!)

The arrangement is flat, and this is a bad thing. Add lots of breakdowns, and make it super tasty! Speaking of arrangements, it drags on and on duller, but never gets fuller, the pace makes me lull... er, my advice? Make it 20% cooler!

(yay!)

Good start, keep it up!

• 2 weeks later...