Hoping for just general help, please?

I've been writing some music recently, and I don't have a lot of people to go and ask for help, and I'm kinda hoping that you guys can...

One problem I've got with all of my songs is I can't write anything more than what I have. Any cure for that?

Another is just very general because really, all of this is just messing around in FL. I'm not to coordinated with it all yet, so that's why I'm asking here. :P

Both songs I'm asking for help on are on My SoundCloud.

Oh, and random fact, I am Emunator's brother...yeah.

Both your songs?? I saw three!!

Now that that's out of the way, this isn't really my genre of choice, generally speaking, so I can't give you too terribly many tips on lengthening your mixes, but one simple way to do it is to establish a strong motif -- some melody, or in the case of dubstep, some catchy wompwomp -- and vary it and add/remove complementary layers over time.

Listen to some of my music to catch mah drift.

Specifically, you could listen to my Starry-eyed, Empty-handed wip. I establish the chords in the atmospheric intro and some basic melodic motifs. In the first main melodic section, I establish a strong melody. I repeat a variation of that in the second atmospheric section near the end of the wip. I basically just wrote the melody, then varied it, then made some accompaniment, and I ended up with three very distinct parts to my mix that are all musically related. I plan to reprise the rockin melodic part for the outro right after that build at the end (with some variation, of course), then fade it back into some facsimile of the atmospheric intro. Blam, there's kinda the way I do it. You'll hear the same thing in my other mixes. House of Bits uses that, too, but I wrote a lengthy breakdown section in the middle with almost no melody, just a ton of automation of noise sweeps and such.

Anyway, your music was actually pretty good, especially Lament's pad stuck out to me as excellent. You've written a "Part A" for each mix, now you just have to alter what you have in some way, just have to carry some part over to Part B and begin building around it. Sometimes I write the transition first which guides my mind to something that would follow from the transition. Other times, I write the next part first, then bridge it to the previous part with a transition that would reasonably connect the two. Whatever comes easier at the time.

Sounds like you have some pricey synths... that, or I'm an idiot.

And if you have any feedback for my wips, please leave them in their respective threads :)