Camel Audio Composer's Bundle

Happy Independence Day!

And to all OCers in the UK: Hi.

I am looking to expand my library once again and I am currently looking into Camel Audio's three pack that's being sold on audiomidi.com for 80 bucks. While I haven't heard anything bad about it, I really haven't heard anything about it. :-| Does anyone have any of these libraries? Are they even worth it? Would it be a better idea to keep saving for omnisphere? Taking donations by the way. :-D

-gar

In the future, a link to what you're talking about is helpful...

http://audiomidi.com/Composer-s-Bundle-P16261.aspx

Anyway, it all depends on what kind of sound(s) you're looking for. These seem pretty specific to me, and oriented more toward ambience, soundscapes, etc. Not having used them, I can't say for sure. But I think if you don't have much of a sound library, you should start with something much more general, and establish your bread & butter synths/samples first.

Sorry, should have posted the link.

I currently have:

Dimension Pro, Ministry of Rock, Symphic Orchestra Gold, Phaedra, Steven Slate Drums, and an older version of Orion from Synapse Audio that I use on occasion.

I would like to add more ambient sounds to some of my mixes though i know it would be unnecessary for a VG remix.

The other options I am considering are getting either Rapture, or waiting until Omnisphere gets a price drop.

Actually I own all three of those. Those libraries are very atmospheric oriented. You should listen to the demos on their website to see if it's what you are after. http://www.camelaudio.com/Sound-Sample-Libraries.php

I myself fancy the libraries but there isn't as much melodic material as I would've liked. But there's plenty of ambient and "add flavor to a song" instruments. Also the impacts library has transition sounds which I find rare.