*NO* Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening 'Dream Path'

OceansAndrew

Your ReMixer name : Ambitus

Your real name : Marine

Your email address : desmolin.marine@gmail.com

Your websit : http://soundcloud.com/marine-d

Your userid (number, not name) on our forums, found by viewing your forum profile : 43590

Name of game(s) arranged : The Legend of Zelda, Link's awakening

Name of arrangement : 'Ballad of the Wind Fish'

Name of individual song(s) arranged : dream path

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDEKGOyLpUc

You could really spice up the writing if you had the strings and brass parts not play such long notes all the time. A little rhythmic variation goes a long way, especially considering a trombone player isn't going to want to play whole all the time and pass out. The other big issue hurting this track is that the arrangement seems to repeat without tons of variation. You've got to do something to increase the energy, especially because there's so little percussion or movement.

NO

I agree that the arrangement is kinda repetitive, it just goes through the melody a bunch of times with different backing instrumentation, but I think the approach is great. it just needs some more build, as Vig said.

samples were pretty tight, though the mix was a little bright and could have used some low end, but overall the production was pretty good.

very close call, but I think a few tweaks would really make this shine. hope to hear it again.

NO(resub)

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, Vig and Halc hit the nail on the head here. Instrument samples are very nice and are treated well for the most part. Slow attack on the high strings in the backing parts leave a bit of extra space between notes.

Total agreement on the arrangement issues. Though it's nicely orchestrated, there's not a lot of expansion on the source here. There's also a lot of dependance on whole note backing parts and the same ensemble of instruments. Some variation on the melody and contrasting parts could really go a long way here.

I didn't hear any low string (cellos or basses) in this piece, which could fill out more of the low end. Some percussion could also help here. Since it could very well be the mixer's intention, I'm not gonna belabor this point, though.

This is very close and with some extra arrangement work, could definitely make it over the bar.

No, resubmit please