Distorted Illusion - A Deus Ex Inspired Piece

http://soundcloud.com/pyro-paper-planes/distorted-illusion

An original composition, inspired by the Deus Ex series. I arranged the track so it can easily fade from one mood to another, depending on the situation. You can read them through the timed comments.

I'm very satisfied with the "Ambience" parts. Opinions on the piece would be appreciated. :D

I wrote some pieces with stages in mind, really satisfying to do. The ambience sections are pretty nice though there didn't seem much difference between normal and critical situation, bit too much tremolo string for my liking I would have prefered the ambience to keep the feeling of of what's going on around 0:36 and the slight use of brass in the background had a calming touch, ambience critical could probably have used another layer of string to arouse tension. I really liked the groove and rhythm of the alarmed stage, personally around here or the hostile stage I would have used orchestration or more synth use to play on the slight melody created in the ambience section to create more memorable character. This is very good though in design I was surprised by the quality of it.

I wrote some pieces with stages in mind, really satisfying to do. The ambience sections are pretty nice though there didn't seem much difference between normal and critical situation, bit too much tremolo string for my liking I would have prefered the ambience to keep the feeling of of what's going on around 0:36 and the slight use of brass in the background had a calming touch, ambience critical could probably have used another layer of string to arouse tension. I really liked the groove and rhythm of the alarmed stage, personally around here or the hostile stage I would have used orchestration or more synth use to play on the slight melody created in the ambience section to create more memorable character. This is very good though in design I was surprised by the quality of it.

Thanks! :D

I'll work on those kinks on my next version. I'll probably work on it again when I get myself a new set of samples (just saving up for them... in particular, the Komplete set).