pH unfinished track for EP (to be released soon): Reflections of a Schizophrenic

Phonetic Hero

Hey everyone

I have a plan to launch a big artist campaign for myself in the coming months, with this initial EP being the first step. This track, Reflections of a Schizophrenic will be the opener of my Insanity Suite, which will be comprised of 4 pieces. I intend to release the EP with 2, maybe 3 of the tracks from the suite, as well as some additional originals. I'm going to put out an album a few months after the release of the EP, with the Suite being the focus (and title) of the album, as well as numerous other originals.

I'd LOVE to get everyone's thoughts on the piece, and feedback as well. Feedback on the piano is especially welcome, as I try to stay away from sequenced piano, but the instrument fits the part so well that I can't bring myself to change it. On the flip side, I feel like my sequencing skills have improved a lot recently, but even so, I'd like to know what you all think.

On a side not, the levels on the drums in the intro (which appear from :31 to :46) dropped significantly, which I plan on fixing, but for now I'd just like to see what everyone thinks.

So, let me know how it sounds!!

Many thanks

pH

• 1 month later...

Cool!

Lol, I guess I should mention the piano too seeing as you specifically asked about it XD

I usually don't mind sequenced piano much, and it seems to work well enough in this piece, so there are really no complaints here :)

I think I remember someone mentioning the piano sample in Mayan Malfunction as well, but it didn't bother me there either, so other people may have differing opinions on this.