Sonic the Hegdehog Boss theme remix - recently rejected but want tips!

DJ Cr4sh

Hey everyone! this is my first time posting on the forums so OHH HAII to everyone.

I recently submitted my sonic the hedgehog boss theme remix called 'Robotn1k R3conf1gur3d' which was rightly rejected by the judges. So, I was wondering if I could get more feedback as I work to improve my remix!

http://soundcloud.com/dj-cr4sh/sonic-the-hedgehog-boss-dj

Thanks!!

DJ Cr4sh

While this isn't my style of music, I can see what the judges mean. The bass is heavy and dirty, by which I mean that there are multiple parts around the same low frequency that get in the way of each other, and even individually they're loud enough to drown out the melody. IMO, you could make the bass lines quieter and with less reverb, perhaps pulling one of them into a higher register.

While this isn't my style of music, I can see what the judges mean. The bass is heavy and dirty, by which I mean that there are multiple parts around the same low frequency that get in the way of each other, and even individually they're loud enough to drown out the melody. IMO, you could make the bass lines quieter and with less reverb, perhaps pulling one of them into a higher register.

Hey Mind Wanderer thank you for the advice! I think you guys are right about the low end frequencies being too muddy, and competing. I think i'm going to have to cut one of the lows out and lower the bass. Maybe if i try and lower the kick drum a bit too it might help.

I think overall I've just got way too many low end freq's. going on and changing one or more to a higher register would help. I also think the main out might be too loud overall too. i'm going to update the song soon and repost a link back for more suggestions. Again, thanks for the tips! :-D