Beatgamer: new music game community (not in "The worst gaming communities", I promise!)

alfredofreak

Hi guys! Seeing as I'm probably not the only DDR / ITG player on the forums, I figured I'd post this for my fellow arrow-smashers. A friend of mine named Robby runs a site called Beatgamer dedicated to rhythm games. Quote from the site:

Beatgamer is a brand new website which focuses exclusively on music games and the communities that they build. This site and it’s forums were originally intended to be a regional message board for the Intermountain West and surrounding areas (Utah, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and Nevada) but registration is open to players all over the world.

Beatgamer’s main focus is our message board. We are definitely not the place to get late-breaking music game news, mostly because we don’t have a dedicated news staff. However, we do try to post some news articles and opinion pieces on the front page (most of our news stories will be late, though).

Since we’re so new, there really isn’t a lot of content here at the moment. We hope to add more content such as arcade machine listings, player guides, charts and much more. If you have some feedback or recommendations for us, please message omgmkat on the message board.

This site could turn into something awesome, but the forums have fallen kinda dead as of late. I really want to bring them back! If you're in the rhythm game community (or want to be) and you live around here (or even if you don't), join the forums! The required registration code for October is "banzai2011" (no quotes).

Even though I don't run any part of the site, I want to see if I can also attract people interested in developing rhythm games (or at least testing new ones out). This is mostly because I have an idea I want to start developing. A dude can at least dream, right? :P

Anyway, for those about to join, I salute you. :)!!</painfully lame AC/DC reference that I refuse to remove>