Dark Waters (The Legend Of Zelda – Minish Cap – Temple Of Droplets)

gaspode

Source track, so that others may reference it:

Edit:

This is pretty close to the source material -- too close, I think. That being said, what's here is nice to listen to, and I enjoyed the piece. I was hoping for more variation in the melody, especially since it is presented so many times as the only rhythmic element of interest. At around 2:50 when the cello begins to separate from the other instruments, I was hoping things would pick up and move towards a more polyphonic texture. I would have enjoyed the piece much more if it had branched out into hearing some sort of overlap begin to occur between instances of the melody, or the cello fully developed into a counter-melody, or anything to add more variance to what's going on. The addition of the cello at 2:50 is good, but I was hoping for more afterwards.

It's a good piece to chill out to, since it doesn't demand anything from the listener, but it is so passive and repetitive that it could be just as interesting at at least one minute shorter than it is.