Sonic the Hedgehog - Green Hill Zone (Remastered!)

Ryan Jobson

Thanks Cash and Change (hey, what are you doing in my pocket?)

Glad you liked it. You're correct - I am just working on my production skills and was not planning on submitting this. I do plan on trying a ReMix at some point, but having only ever completed 4 songs (2 original and 2 remastered sonic songs), I don't feel I have the technical skills and I am still weak at arrangement (hence only the 2 completed original songs, and over 200 unfinished songs and loops).

~Syllix

Much better, the mix isn't nearly as abrasive as it was before in some of your other postings. A neat simple technique to do with the EQ is to sharpen the Q then boost (make sure you have a limiter on to avoid blowing out your ears/gears)move the spike around until you hear something thats abrasive against the other parts in the mix then simply drag the spike down to drown it out.

I think it's great you're figuring out the whole source tune by ear. The development you get from doing that will only help your musical abilities.

Can't wait for Sonic Generations this tuesday so I can finally get to bed. I've been losing sleep over it all week long.