Chrono Trigger - Frog's Theme Dubstep Remix

proksi

From far, this is the best forg mix I heard of.

For the intro, I get distortion in the right pan from the piano and at 1:23 same thing.

At 0:41 in the transition you should crash ^^.

Otherwise I think sometime the bass get overpowering killing some of the mid-range like at 0:50 and 1:05. Little thing to check but otherwise it is well produced.

Awesome track, really great ideas here. Makes me think of Skrillex's First of the Year. A lot.

General comments to improve the mix - the piano could sound fuller, a bit more compression on it, maybe slight distortion, and more EQ. I am not 100% sold on the bass notes that the piano is playing, maybe after you do some processing on the piano overall, it will sound better, but I would actually take them out. Also, you could glitch your piano patterns up a little, to make them more interesting. Finally, the structure of the track is very A,B,A,B. I think if you spice up and introduce some slight variation in the second verse, as well as in the ending, this will sound a lot better.

Awesome job! Polish this up and it will be a great track that will stand on its own and will also make a great addition to the site.

Thanks a heap, I guess it's a compliment if it reminds you of Skrillex, he's pretty great.

Also thanks for the piano tips, I'll definitely look into that and improve it. I might bring the piano bass notes up a bit aswell, if i don't take your advice and pull em out completely. Changing up the structure a good idea. I reckon i can atleast put in a violin hit on the offbeats in the middle section between the drops

thanks for again for the feedback guys :)