Your real name= José Carlos Peláez

Your email address = jcpelaez@live.com

Your website= http://charlieatom.com

Your userid = 42777

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged = Final Fantasy X

Name of arrangement = To The End

Name of individual song(s) arranged = To Zanarkand

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc:

I've already sent this song before and the judges told me they like it but I had to send it again with less compression and that's what I did. I change a little the mix and master though. Hope this time It can pass! =)

Listening to the new version, I'm realizing just how hard the velocities on the piano are. I'm imagining someone playing it and slamming their hand down on the keys to get the same sound. It's not as much an issue when everything else comes in, but I'd love to hear it toned down in the intro. The other thing that popped out to me is that some of the sections feel cut-and-pasted; 1:38 is almost exactly the same as the section before it, for example. I feel that you could do a lot more to those sections, maybe add counter-melodies, or just cut the fat and shorten the song a bit.

The production feels much less over-compressed, which is great, and overall the balance is good. I like the panning on the percussive elements, and I think you could even do a little more along those lines (not too much, though!). I'd still look into your velocities in the intro, and maybe see about doing some more to humanize parts as well.

Definitely closer, but there's still some more that needs work. Keep at it!

NO (resubmit)

• 1 month later...

never heard the original sub, so this is a new track for me. definitely agree with Deia's crit on the hard piano articulations, I was thinking that right off the bat. the overall soundscape feels sparse; the arrangement is understandably minimal, but the first half the the song felt like it needed more juice.

2:23, interestingly minimal drop there, I like it though. however there wasn't much to keep that section interesting until it changed again at 3:25. like Deia said, the repetition here is holding this one back a bit. not too far off, but I have to agree that this needs a few fixes before I can comfortably pass it.

NO(resub)

Definitely feeling the instrument choices and vibe, but I think you let it drift on too long before breaking into the Ke$ha electropop section. I was actually pretty surprised it busted into that given how chill you were keeping it. This ran out of steam a bit early and had a lot of repetition which really hurt. I also think you could have done more with the melody besides play it verbatim and then do your own thing. That's just one way to use the source; there are a lot more. A good start but needs more work.

NO (resub)