Heroes of Might & Magic Sea Theme ReMix

AeroZ

Enjoyed this a ton. Really fascinating stuff. I tend to like this sort of layered/delay loop thing. I like how much you could get out of the cello: riffs, long legato lines, bass lines, many percussive effects.. I especially was appreciative of the percussive layers you started adding around one minute mark. (As a minor nitpick, there was a bit of boomy bass, like air hitting microphone.)

I would be a bit critical of the length and structure: when you drop the beat after 3 minutes, this part could well serve as the outro - in my opinion the piece would be complete. It builds up to that point so well. When the beat comes back in, there's not that much that we haven't heard before until 4:32, I think this soloing was adding something new again. Don't get me wrong, the variations you added in the between were good too, but I couldn't get over the "ah, this is the same part again" feeling.

One thought that came to mind was that the piece could go from the peaceful part to harder riffing/soloing more aprubtly. Like going from 3:38 to 4:28 directly.

That's a chunk of critizism on a piece that's already excellent in my opinion, but in my mind there's room to make it even better. In any case I get really a lot, lot out of it, one of the most refreshing things I've heard in a while! Thank you!

--Eino