Let's Learn Japanese Through Song

Calum

So my friend who knew very little japanese did a school exchange to Nagoya. I've been learning Japanese on and off for a few years so I decided to give her some easy lessons in the best way i knew how.

So far I've done two and hope to do some more. The videos are hosted on my japanese learning blog which may be of some interest to people. On that blog I state that these videos are REALLY DREADFULLY AWFUL learning tools - pronunciation goes out of the window as performance and style blur any helpful utterances! I am very open to feedback on the 日本語 however they are intended as little entertaining supplements to actually learning japanese and really fail to comprehensively teach you too much in an accurate or comprehensive manner. OK, SO DISCLAIMER OUT OF THE WAY! please enjoy and i'll hopefully post more soon!

Hmmm, clever. Being a anime/manga reviewer myself, I have a very louse understanding of the Japanese language. I have friends, however that are more farther along in their understanding than me. For instance, two of my friends like to watch Anpanman and other children's anime to get a basic understanding of the Japanese language. My other friend is friends with people in Japan and they teach her a little at a time. As for myself, I've seen over 136 anime series from start to finish and can pick up on the tone and emotion, as well as a few words or phrases. This is not, however, a substitute for actual classes and anyone wanting to learn the language should look into taking some or live in Japan for 4 or more months. Anyways, this is good learning material stuff man! :)!!

Hmmm, clever. Being a anime/manga reviewer myself, I have a very louse understanding of the Japanese language. I have friends, however that are more farther along in their understanding than me. For instance, two of my friends like to watch Anpanman and other children's anime to get a basic understanding of the Japanese language. My other friend is friends with people in Japan and they teach her a little at a time. As for myself, I've seen over 136 anime series from start to finish and can pick up on the tone and emotion, as well as a few words or phrases. This is not, however, a substitute for actual classes and anyone wanting to learn the language should look into taking some or live in Japan for 4 or more months. Anyways, this is good learning material stuff man! :)!!

Glad you enjoyed it! Maybe i could get you to sing some phrases sometime! hahaha that would be funny. I'm gonna be posting some manga transcripts - pictures of the pages with translations and notes about it. It's gonna be pretty hefty and comprehensive but i think that's a good way to learn.

...are you looking for feedback on this or just posting for the fun of it? KF

both...

Well, both of the tracks are finished and it's unlikely that i'll change them but any feedback is stuff that i can take forward into every other song i do. So feedback is waaaay welcome but these aren't WIPs i'm looking to improve in particular!