Songster: a game about remixing & mashups

Natasha Fox

Hey Guys,

My remix request is a little unconventional-- I'm interested in connecting with this community of game and music production enthusiasts because I am making a game about music production.

:< ...what?

Songster is a Facebook/social game that is essentially a very simplified production tool enabling players to create songs from collections of loops provided in our library-- a diverse mix of genres and songs released by real artists.

We're about to launch a feature called "charts" that is the game leader board of the best songs created.

We want to launch these charts with great songs at the top to inspire our players with what's possible! So I'm reaching out to remix enthusiasts here to make some great creations because most of our players are not experienced with music. The coolest and most original content comes from mashing up two song packs (tempo and pitch shifting are done behind the scenes and independently of each other).

You can play Songster on Facebook (www.playsongster.com) and add me as a friend to see my profile & songs in Songster and to chat with me if you're interesting in making cool mashups to top the charts and inspire players.

Happy to answer any questions slash assure you that I'm not just trying to trick you into playing my game slash apologize for being verbose.