Monsters: The Soundtrack

Edit:

Today, with Mark's permission, we released 'Monsters: The Soundtrack' which features clean versions of the music used on all the audiobooks released below.

You can find it here at bandcamp:

S1.png

Original Post:

http://www.distantspires.com/download/index.php

This isn't technically 'music' per say but it has 'music' in it.

For years I've been sitting on a collection of recordings I made several years ago of short stories written by both myself and others, being read by friends and colleagues. Now, after a long post production period, they are ready to be released, each story with original music (mainly composed by a good friend of mine Mark Jackson of the band freehold).

Our first release, Monsters, is finally ready:

www.distantspires.com

This is a completely amateur production, written, directed, edited and composed by people donating their spare time for free. Unfortunately due to a commitment I have to Mark and the narrators i'm not offering the collection for nothing, but we will put free stories up in the near future, alongside more collections.

• 1 month later...

Today, with permission of the composers, I can release the Soundtrack to Monsters, the short story audiobook collection I released last month.

There are nine tracks featuring entirely original compositions, mainly by Mark Jackson but also featuring both myself and Bex Jackson. There's a range of different types of music on display so take a moment to browse around and decide for yourself.

I'd particularly like to big up 'Three Sisters' which is a live, original recording made with the musiciains (Mark and Bex) on Piano and Drum, listening to the story through headphones and playing along.

It was recorded in just one take....

Anyway, you can find the complete collection at http://distantspires.bandcamp.com/album/monsters-the-soundtrack

So please, have a look.

Trailer: