Omni-Psyence debut solo album "The Great Divide" teaser track

Omni-Psyence

Hey folks, I'm very proud to announce to everyone here at OCR that my debut album is finally complete and ready to be released! I've been working on this project for the past 6 months, making sure everything was exactly as I wanted it before announcing this publicly. My favorite VGM community should be the very first place that I kick this off, so here it is!

The album, "The Great Divide" contains 10 tracks, 48 minutes of epic, uplifting electronica/cinematic fusion. A very broad sonic palette emerges through the mixing of progressive EDM and uplifting, dramatic hybrid score music to deliver an audio experience that is not yet deeply explored.

http://youtu.be/Uz8r1qw61og

Here is a 10 minute medley of every single track on the album. The full length version itself will be available early next month on Bandcamp (for FREE!!! lol), as I'm preparing artwork and other minor things for the release's culmination. I'd love to hear any and all opinions!

Holy shit man, this stuff is amazing. Can't wait for the full release :D

The second track sounds absolutely amazing. I loved the glitched out drum patterns, and the subtle emphasis on the melody.

What synths and sound libraries are you using, particularly for your drums? The sounds are great, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on some of thems.

Your soundscaping is amazing, everything's really verby yet remarkably clear. The processing on the dubsteppy track at around 4:40 is wicked cool. Everything seems to flow really well in your tracks, the structure sounds really good.

I've been looking for some inspiration for a similar EP/album I'm looking at doing in the (hopefully) near future (after my chiptune foray :P ), and this definitely makes the cut. Great, great stuff man, I'm pumped for it :D

EDIT: God, the more I listen the more I really, REALLY love the second song, and I don't usually gush like this. Sounds like something I'd strive for, melodic, glitchy, amazing percussion. I'll get the album just for that piece haha

Wow, I don't know what to say! Every time someone compliments my work it feels so amazing, I can never really get used to it I guess. BTW If any of the mixing seems off, it's likely because I'm producing this with super cheap, crappy speakers in a very bad apartment room. Unfortunately I can't afford better gear or a better mixing environment yet so I have to do my best with what I can. I hope it's still reasonably good sounding :)

All I'm waiting for is to receive the artwork and then this album is going straight online. I'll definitely be posting when that happens!

Nice! Glad to see there are already early favorites just from the teaser. I want to take this time to thank each of you for listening, every comment I get just fuels me more and more to continue creating music for everyone. If you want to keep up with everything I'm doing, I encourage you to follow me on twitter, I'll definitely follow back!

Hey! Sorry for getting back so late, I haven't checked the thread in a minute. I'll send you a PM and anyone else who is interested, just let me know.

In other news, are there any skilled artists/graphics designers here (or do you know of any) who would be interested in working with me? My plans for the album art kind of fell through, and I need to find a backup solution. Please let me know! Thanks.

• 4 months later...

A little update:

Sorry about the delay folks, but I've added a couple more tracks to the album (one with an incredibly talented female vocalist, the only vocal song on the album) and am in the process of saving funds to get it professionally mastered so I can deliver the best sounding music to my fans.

In the interim however, I uploaded a track from the album for y'all to hear. Let me know what you think!

http://soundcloud.com/omni-psyence/omni-psyence-the-horn-of/s-PC0nH