The Sword of Doubt

Source: The Sword of Doubt

Most Recent (v2): Gears of Alexandria

Earlier Versions:

This is the result of me messing around a few years ago; I picked it up today and tinkered with it, and fleshed it out some more.

I'm aware it's currently very rough around the edges. As always, it'll need a lot of balancing and mixing work. And I'm still stuck compositionally on where to go from here... anyway, I'd mostly like to know if this even sounds promising, because I can't quite tell if I want to keep working on it at this point or not.

Cheers!

Hmmm... To remix FFIX is always a big responsability.

I think your mix is very initial yet, and the source is a good and challenging song. I can't understand your ideas and I think the song needs a direction. I dislike the acceleration about one minute or so... very premature.

So, to start, it needs more balance and organization of ideas.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the feedback, -Dan.

Taking that into consideration, I've lopped off that second portion in addition to fiddling around with the structure. It still feels a bit disorganized, and it'll probably take me a couple months to figure out where to go next, but that's yet to be seen.

And yes, this has sort of turned into a 'concept remix'. I want to see 'Rose of May' and 'Bonds of Sea and Fire' meshed together, which would be especially fitting given the name and concept, but it may need to wait until later, given that 'Rose of May' really doesn't mesh as well with 'Sword of Doubt' as I'd like it to...

Anyway. Now I'm rambling. Here's the link.

[Gears of Alexandria (WIP v2)]