Quartz Quadrant (Sonic CD)

Spi.der.men

First, eh? In that case, color me impressed! :)

You ARE using a compressor, right? Or are you just playing this way too loud? If you're using a compressor, reduce the ratio and increase the threshold. You'd probably also want to lower the volume on all channels and on the mixed output. It sounds to me like, whenever the drums are playing a note, EVERYTHING else just gets pushed down in volume. The interesting thing is, even the drums are pushed down. For dance tracks, it's very common to have the drums control the compression to make the feel song like it's "pumping", but this isn't really a dance track.

Cool can you tell me how to fix that? or some tips? this is my first remix.

I like what you have here. Really nice for a first remix but there are some production issues. The compressor is coming down really hard on all parts of the mix. It almost sounds like some side chaining was attempted but set up poorly or the mix is too loud and you have some serious limiting clamping down on the master.

Listening to this on my headphones the pumping (an effect from hard use of the compressor)isn't there with the rest of the mix making it very fatiguing to listen to.

When you mix, mix very quiet. Turn up your monitors to get to a comfortable volume level and keep peaks low. When I start mixing I usually peak around -15db at first. This gives me tons of room to make small adjustments if needed later.

Part of what makes or breaks production is that you need to compliment your mix with the right techniques to make it sound like it's more of what it already is. make sense? kinda? You can't force a dance track on something that's not written from the beginning with that in mind. Just as compressing an orchestral piece to a solid rectangle doesn't turn it into death metal.

There is a ton of stuff to learn and it feels like it's going to take forever. Keep writing, take crits as well as you can and watch this guy http://www.youtube.com/user/recordingrevolution?feature=results_main

First, eh? In that case, color me impressed! :)

You ARE using a compressor, right? Or are you just playing this way too loud? If you're using a compressor, reduce the ratio and increase the threshold. You'd probably also want to lower the volume on all channels and on the mixed output. It sounds to me like, whenever the drums are playing a note, EVERYTHING else just gets pushed down in volume. The interesting thing is, even the drums are pushed down. For dance tracks, it's very common to have the drums control the compression to make the feel song like it's "pumping", but this isn't really a dance track.

Thanks! I think my problem is I get really excited and start piling on new tracks, and just turn them all up from there. Ha ha I'll keep that in mind from now on

When you mix, mix very quiet. Turn up your monitors to get to a comfortable volume level and keep peaks low. When I start mixing I usually peak around -15db at first. This gives me tons of room to make small adjustments if needed later.

There is a ton of stuff to learn and it feels like it's going to take forever. Keep writing, take crits as well as you can and watch this guy http://www.youtube.com/user/recordingrevolution?feature=results_main

This part is probably my problem. I looked at my mix and a lot of my tracks are at 3'oclock minimum, and some are even at 5. (5 is max on mine) :whatevaa:

Also thank you I just subbed to that channel!