Help with proper notation of rhythm

OK, so I'm studying music in college so I should know better, but I really suck at notating rhythms properly. I'm trying to write something that follows this basic rhythm:

Untitled-1.png

However, I don't know how I should go about getting this rhythm to be properly lined up inside the measures. I'm pretty sure there should be some changes taking place every measure but everything I've tried doesn't work.

Well, first this isn't a simple rhythm, so no matter how you approach it there isn't a clean solution. Second, this is not in 3/4, so trying to line it up in measures like that will lead to fruitless attempts.

Get it in either four alternating measures of 5/8 + 6/8 or two measures of 11/8, first, and you'll find it much easier to handle.

Here are two solutions that I came up with.

ScoreHelp.png

The first is cleaner, but it'd be very tough for the score reader to see the beats. The second outlines the beats better, but looks less clean than the first. Pick your poison - it's not a simple beat, so there is no easy answer.

EDIT: Derp, a few extra accidentals thrown in there, for color. Ah well, you can understand it, regardless.

Well, first this isn't a simple rhythm, so no matter how you approach it there isn't a clean solution. Second, this is not in 3/4, so trying to line it up in measures like that will lead to fruitless attempts.

Get it in either four alternating measures of 5/8 + 6/8 or two measures of 11/8, first, and you'll find it much easier to handle.

Here are two solutions that I came up with.

ScoreHelp.png

The first is cleaner, but it'd be very tough for the score reader to see the beats. The second outlines the beats better, but looks less clean than the first. Pick your poison - it's not a simple beat, so there is no easy answer.

EDIT: Derp, a few extra accidentals thrown in there, for color. Ah well, you can understand it, regardless.

EXTRA ACCIDENTALS!? BLASPHEMY!!!

Haha; seriously though, thanks for the help. :grin: