"Odyssey" ... pretty much brostep :)

Hey hey, been working on a little dubsteppy/brosteppy track lately that I'd love some feedback on. The mixing isn't finalised and it's half done, but any constructive comments? I really like how this one is coming together, I generally think I pretty much suck at dubstep. I'll own up right now and say that it follows some dubstep conventions, I'm enjoying being okay with that :mrgreen:

[link removed, see below for final version]

Thank youuuuu :mrgreen:

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great melodies and great sound! I'm missing some wobbly synths though, I know it's not required just because it's dubstep, but part of the track sounds a bit empty. The pad like bass is nice, but it still lacks something. Also the snare could be thicker. Apart from that, I really enjoyed this!

Not necessarily more wubs, but something "grimey" to fill out the spaces. I didn't mean that the bass is lacking something, it's nice, but that it's not enough to fill the spaces. What you've got so far is great, keep working on it! :)