Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Doom Castle Orchestral Cover

Kamasenin

• 3 weeks later...

Nice source choice :D This game has some of my favorite battle music evar.

Your cover is nice, but first thing I have to ask is: do you intend to try and submit this to OCR? Because as it is now, this is very close to the original and is definitely not in the site's standards. If you know that and you're just making it for fun, no problem :D it's a cool cover. Just making sure you know that for a ReMix to pass, it has to be more interpretive than that (re-think the structure of the song, re-write the melodies, add in harmonies, counter-melodies, add some twists to the chords, etc.)

I think some parts of the track feel a bit too empty (I'm thinking mainly around 0:14-0:25), but that might be just me. I also think the drums could use some more action. The samples sound good, but maybe you could spice up the writing?

I like the idea of using slow-attack synths for the part at ~0:06 :D it's original and very interesting. I also like the subtle ambient pads throughout the track, it's a nice addition.

& Rainjam, Exalted Dirt & Damonz

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed my cover track.

& DaMonz

At this time, this particular track is not intended to be submitted to OCR.

A few weeks prior, I put out a remix for X vs Zero for Mega Man X 5. Until that remix submission is judged and resolved, I won't be submitting any other work at this time. This track is also on the OCR remix if you want to check it out. Thanks.

My friend, learn some EQ techniques and it will go along way.

You have a lot of instruments going on, so you need to cut out a hole for each of them by eqing frequencies. For example, say you want the brightness of your snare to come out, then maybe you would boost 8khz a little on the snare and cut 8khz on some of the other instruments (like the synths)

Cutting out the instrument frequency overlap would help this out a lot.

Just google EQ mixing techniques...or get a mixing book from the bookstore.

Good song choice though. Believe it or not, I have the original song on the CD on my alarm clock so I wake up to it each morning. Somehow, I still like it...