G String!

Chimpazilla

Haha, made you look! ;-)

Air on the G String - J. S. Bach

So I bought Session Strings Pro from the recent NI sale and I thought I would give it a tough challenge. It still sounds quite samply in the faster passages... I've been fighting with this... trying several different solutions... this may be as good as it gets, but overall I think the strings have a nice intimate sound. I will most likely be using them as backing elements, not exposed as they are here. Anyone have a suggestion on how to make it more realistic? Or is this just the nature of working with samples?

This song represents several "firsts" for me. First time with SSP. First time using keyswitching. First time automating CC11 expression. And mainly, first time transcribing something like this from sheet music. I don't read sheet music and have never done that before. It was a wonderful exercise, and this is a lovely song.

Thanks for reading/listening, and thanks in advance if you have any improvement suggestions!

Haha, made you look! ;-)

Air on the G String - J. S. Bach

So I bought Session Strings Pro from the recent NI sale and I thought I would give it a tough challenge. It still sounds quite samply in the faster passages... I've been fighting with this... trying several different solutions... this may be as good as it gets, but overall I think the strings have a nice intimate sound. I will most likely be using them as backing elements, not exposed as they are here. Anyone have a suggestion on how to make it more realistic? Or is this just the nature of working with samples?

This song represents several "firsts" for me. First time with SSP. First time using keyswitching. First time automating CC11 expression. And mainly, first time transcribing something like this from sheet music. I don't read sheet music and have never done that before. It was a wonderful exercise, and this is a lovely song.

Thanks for reading/listening, and thanks in advance if you have any improvement suggestions!

Ultimately, the attack on the strings sounds kind of fake to me. You're either using the wrong articulation for the section of the song, or SSP is not as good as some others. Personally I've listened to LA Scoring Strings, and I'd say that's the top so far.

Hi T, thanks for the listen! Yeah, the attack is too slow for the fast passages... I will check all the articulations and see if there is one that better suits those parts... but again, I will most likely be using these for backing elements rather than up-front solos! I'm sure LASS is wonderful... (better be, at $999)... I'm probably not going to do tons of orchestral stuff though, and SSP should be enough for my needs, for now. Thanks, friend!