> ReMixer name: HeavenWraith

> Real name: Antanas Palaitis

> Website: N/A

> Forum userID: 50325

Submission Information

> Game: Metal Slug 4

> ReMix Name: Eau Charix

> Original Name: Furiously

> Original Author: Mega Enterprise and Noise Factory (it was beyond my ability to sniff out the name of the exact composer)

Resubmission of a previously rejected mix. The process was smooth due

to break I've previously taken from composition and mixing. Looking

forward to the evaluation and gonna work on another mix in the

meantime.

--------------------------------------------

There was a lot to like here, particularly the guitar playing. The structure and instrumentation were conservative but there were more than enough changes here and there - subtle countermelodies, quick twists, new sections. The production was a little harder to overlook though. Some of the instruments aren't that high quality, like the piano, and to a lesser extent the snare. Another huge problem was the timing. There are several sections where you're playing it too loose and it sounds sloppy. I know this is your second time subbing this track to us, but with another pass to tighten up the playing and production, I could see it making the front page.

NO (resubmit)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, see if you can replace that piano sample, because it sounds a bit detuned, like a saloon piano, which obviously doesn't fit the style of the track. Not really sure that clap sample really fits either for a heavy rock track.

I think there is generally an issue of sonic spacing here because some of the parts seem washed-out in reverb or sounding distant & quiet. I think simply cutting back on reverb and balancing the parts a little better could clean up the mix quite a bit.

On the positive end, the guitar playing was very cool. Sections like 2:19 sounded very cool with the epiano, guitars, and driving drums, & backing pads.

As Vinnie mentioned, this is definitely on the conservative side, but you've brought some personalization throughout to your mix.

Overall, I don't think this is too far from passing. Tighten things up and hit us again with an update. :)

NO resubmit, please

Nutritious literally covered just about everything I wanted to say about this track. The guitar is a strong center point and is pretty well performed, but the supporting instrumentation is bringing this down. The piano, the clap, and the keys all sound like they were pulled from a General MIDI soundbank, which doesn't really do justice to the rest of your arrangement.

Your soloing is also pretty ambitious, but the performance timing isn't always the tightest when you get into some of the fastest runs. This applies to both the guitar solo and the brief organ solo too.

Lots of really cool stuff going on here, I like your drum and guitar writing and was really getting into the arrangement, as well. There's still plenty of stuff that needs to be addressed but I'd like to see this one come back our way again.

NO (resub!)