Luigi's Mansion Theme (Observatory Remix)

I'm No DJ

Well, here I am ... joining not even four days ago or something I don't really remember when I did. Who cares.

Anyway I have loads of remixes and more are coming, I basically store them on my Computer. I'm not going to spam OC Forums with all my shi-errr....I mean, awesome stuff.

But that's basically up to YOU.

I want you r input to see if these are any good or not. Even though I personally love my remixes, I'd really like some nice feedback, even friendly or not, please don't be too harsh!

The Observatory in Luigi's Mansion (1) is my Favorite room in the entire game.

Here is a remix, basically of the Luigi's Mansion main theme (Awesome song, btw) in the Observatory Room style, so expect it to sound a bit atmospheric/spacey/creepy, whatever.

Enjoy it!

http://kiwi6.com/file/a5ndtdnv56

The reason why it's a wip is because of the extended ending. If it's too long I could cut it ... but other than that I think it's all fine.

Also, yes it is in also a m4a file because it's yet a wip but a near complete one anyway. If it's approved by anyone at all I can convert it in Mp3.

Starts off slowly, rather static pads 'n stuff.

The source melody finally comes in at 1:16. However, while the melody is playing, nearly nothing is really dynamically changing in the background. At that section you have rather static pads that actually don't even change notes.

Something interesting at 2:23. Well, interesting and odd. No idea what that voice clip thing is, but it sounds awkward and out of place. Great pad there though. Could be more dynamic like noted earlier.

3:21 is kind of strange. Why is the voice stuff there? Any way it contributes to the song?

3:41 - whoo, some drums. Why did you choose to put those drums there? Why not earlier? Why so sudden? Well, I'm asking that because there aren't really any transitions... well... anywhere. Things just happen, apparently.

4:30 - Guitar? Where did that come from? You see what I mean? Nice pads near the end though. I wish those were there earlier in the song.

Okay, so you get the idea, right? I don't hear any transitions, and sounds are generally static. Ideas weave in and out with no precursor, no warning, no pattern, and therefore are just abrupt. You need more dynamically changing backing, clean transitions, and meaningful sections in the remix. Right now it sounds like a bunch of pads with ideas thrown together. Good start though. Could also be shortened.

Starts off slowly, rather static pads 'n stuff.

The source melody finally comes in at 1:16. However, while the melody is playing, nearly nothing is really dynamically changing in the background. At that section you have rather static pads that actually don't even change notes.

Something interesting at 2:23. Well, interesting and odd. No idea what that voice clip thing is, but it sounds awkward and out of place. Great pad there though. Could be more dynamic like noted earlier.

3:21 is kind of strange. Why is the voice stuff there? Any way it contributes to the song?

3:41 - whoo, some drums. Why did you choose to put those drums there? Why not earlier? Why so sudden? Well, I'm asking that because there aren't really any transitions... well... anywhere. Things just happen, apparently.

4:30 - Guitar? Where did that come from? You see what I mean? Nice pads near the end though. I wish those were there earlier in the song.

Okay, so you get the idea, right? I don't hear any transitions, and sounds are generally static. Ideas weave in and out with no precursor, no warning, no pattern, and therefore are just abrupt. You need more dynamically changing backing, clean transitions, and meaningful sections in the remix. Right now it sounds like a bunch of pads with ideas thrown together. Good start though. Could also be shortened.

^This. Also, I'd mess around with your synths more and use different plugins. I can tell you are using a preset synth from a Yamaha for the lead melody.

I'd change that around.