Virtual MIDI Keyboard Display

Is there a way to take that and have it react to MIDI notes I play in FL Studio, or does it automatically respond to a MIDI keyboard while it plays, no matter where the output is? For example, if I have FL open and Bome's mouse keyboard open at the same time, and I go into FL, open up a VST, and play that, is that reflected in Bome's mouse keyboard too? I might make tutorial videos in the future, so it'd be great to have a virtual keyboard overlay on the videos that accurately shows what I just played.

I do see that it has MIDI In and MIDI Out, so I hope so.

Assuming the MIDI in feature works as expected, this should work to capture MIDI output from FL Studio:

Install LoopBe1 (or a similar program). This is a virtual MIDI router -- it's like using MIDI cables to hook hardware devices together, but with software. With LoopBe1 running, there should be a new MIDI output assignment (LoopBe1) available to FL Studio's MIDI tracks. Set the FL track to output to LoopBe1, then set LoopBe1 as the MIDI input source in the virtual keyboard.

EDIT: Or are you just asking if you can use the virtual keyboard to control a VST in FL? If it can't do that natively, you could certainly use LoopBe1 to patch it into FL as a controller.

Edited by Moseph

Assuming the MIDI in feature works as expected, this should work to capture MIDI output from FL Studio:

Install LoopBe1 (or a similar program). This is a virtual MIDI router -- it's like using MIDI cables to hook hardware devices together, but with software. With LoopBe1 running, there should be a new MIDI output assignment (LoopBe1) available to FL Studio's MIDI tracks. Set the FL track to output to LoopBe1, then set LoopBe1 as the MIDI input source in the virtual keyboard.

EDIT: Or are you just asking if you can use the virtual keyboard to control a VST in FL? If it can't do that natively, you could certainly use LoopBe1 to patch it into FL as a controller.

Basically I'm asking for a way, as I play my MIDI keyboard while FL Studio is currently open, to show the keys being pressed on some sort of isolated virtual keyboard display that I can crop down to overlay on videos. It looks like LoopBe1 is a tool I might be missing. :)

It's like what's on this video, on the bottom right at 1:31:

Edited by timaeus222