"Retro" Console Repairs/Improvements

nOkbient

I've modded my NES to have three audio outputs (Pulse channels, Tri/Noise/DPCM samples, and external soundchip audio). I've also re-routed the video connector to the back for purely cosmetic reasons.

The main audio output still works, and the external channel (which is disconnected by default) can be switched in and mixed into the main output using the controls on the front.

PHOTOS: 1 - 2

I cleaned the lens off my old PS2 once by opening it up and using a q-tip when games wouldn't start properly (especially the gold bottom dual layer ones), after which it ran good as new.

I have a first generation PS2 that despite heavy use still runs perfectly. Unlike the original PSX that had to be tilted on its side to use.

My ps2 is now my dedicated DVD player.

Best one I saw was a SNES handheld... with a Super Game Boy in it. Now you can play your Game Boy games on the go!

Other than that, years ago I saw an image of a repainted SNES and Genesis with their opposing color schemes which looked really awesome. I've googled for the image a few times but never managed to find it again.