Banjo Kazooie Techno Remix

Fiend

This is my first remix so I know I have a lot to learn, but figured I'd post it here to get some feedback on how to improve. So any opinions are welcome!

The song I remixed is the music from Gruntilda's Lair in Banjo Kazooie for the Nintendo 64.

Edited by Fiend

It had some interesting parts, however in a lot of places the bass noises sounded off, If you're using fifths (it was hard to tell) make sure they don't conflict, a few areas didn't fit flawlessly. I'd also suggest having a less 'flat' percussion. Mixing it up with percussion can really add a lot to the piece, not just plan 'hits'. It did change roughly half way through. but it was still hits. Also a lot of the VSTs or Synths you used were very 'grungy' While a little of that can be great, you should use a little variety. And again, make sure you watch where notes are hitting, there were quite a few places where I was sure I heard wrong notes.

Keep trying, you'll get it :)

Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it! I did try changing up the percussion multiple times, but it just didn't seem to fit every time :\ guess I'll just have to keep messing around with it more though. And I'll make sure to use some cleaner synths next time as well lol.

I'm gonna take a look around the forums, and read up on some info for now.

• 3 weeks later...
This is my first remix so I know I have a lot to learn, but figured I'd post it here to get some feedback on how to improve. So any opinions are welcome!

The song I remixed is the music from Gruntilda's Lair in Banjo Kazooie for the Nintendo 64.

Not bad for a first, a tip I could give is make the music a bit more exciting, sure it has its parts but for the type of techno you're goin for I need to jump out my chair and dance the night away. Also the song seems a bit empty, especially in the center. And for the love of god I hate that bass it needs more power, but I really like that Trippy Saw towards the end. And finally there are mixing issues on the homestretch from 2:40 to the end.

But hey don't let this amount of work discourage you as for a first remix it was a thousand times better than mine

Keep at it :nicework:

I love the compressed bass drum. The parts where the bass drum suddenly gets faster is a little empty sounding, and the bass drum parts at around 2:15 could have an accompanying synth with it to make the bass drum beats sound a little smoother when the beats are being divided. The quiet synth around 3:08 is very interesting, I like the quiet yet loud drums feel to it. Then the heavy delayed synth comes in.

Personally, the bass synth does not sound all that bad, but if you are going for the heavy pump feel, a much heavier bass synth could do the trick. But, the treble feel you have right now is very different and interesting. You could throw some of your own melodic accompaniments too to put your own spin on it. Keep at it, I hope to see this on the remix submission. :grin: