Wild Crab ("Monster Dance ~Rondo~", from FF: Crystal Chronicles [GC])

Since I recently accidentaly deleted most of my most recent projects (I sent them by mistake to the trash can, had to take a phone call, then I had to stay outside for a while, I forgot about it all, went back home, then erased the content of my trash can, only to realise a split second later what I had just done. It was fairly comical to be honest. Most of it was just training stuff though, so it's no big deal.) I was forced to go onto a new project.

I took one of my favorite OSTs ever (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, for the Gamecube), and decided to try to remix one of its tracks. I ended up chosing the boss battle theme, "Monster's Dance ~Rondo~", which is pretty cool.

It's still in the work, but I like where I'm going with it, so far. Basically, it's a piano arrangement, but a bit more "personal". (Also, again, I don't play the piano, so it's all note by note, I'm not entirely sure if it's fit to actually be played, but nevermind.)

The final version should, I think, last from 1 to 2 minutes more than the current version.

Here's the original :

And here's my remix : https://www.box.com/s/7jo8ybyg5gxmbxsze92z

Some feedback would be most welcome !

Edited by Quart de Carton

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! It's always risky doing a solo piano arrangement if you don't play piano - the sequencing sounds very rigid and inhuman (because it isn't human!), so there's a lot of work needed to make this sound more natural. I think it also needs many more flourishes to round out the arrangement and make it sound less like a cover. Maybe you should experiment with adding other instruments and sounds than just piano? Although saying that, your piano does sound nice, so maybe you can make it work solo, but it would take a lot of effort! Keep practicing anyway, it's a nice source.