The Demon's Dead - Doom 2

I'm hearing loads of timing issues. The intro guitar should be more polished. 0:26 drums are off-sync with the rest of the song. Snare is a little buried. Lots of instruments are too dry.

Lead guitar is very static. I'm hearing quite literally just straight sustains. It's making me question the realism of it... Either it's fake or it's too stiff.

Wouldn't expect the breakdown sections if I didn't look at the soundcloud player. Treble is crowded. Transitions aren't really there. It's just section after section. 1:45 doesn't make too much sense to me. 1:52 bass is off-sync.

1:55 is a huge mess. I don't hear anything distinct at all. There's too much going on at once without any stereo separation work. 2:35 is way too resonant and distorted and is painful to listen to. Ending doesn't make sense and has way too much sub bass. I don't know if it's supposed to be a crescendo fake-out or something else.

This might have come off as a bit harsh, and I know it's probably improved somehow from the previous version, but I don't really think it's super enjoyable now either. There's some arrangement merit as there are loads of different sections, but they need to be more cohesive overall and the EQ needs to be tamed a good amount more.

Edited by timaeus222

Thanks for listening

The intro guitar is supposed to sound like crap. Gives some contrast.

The drums are not off at 0:26, its just a big fill. And the bass is not off at 1:52, its right where it is supposed to be.

Can you be more clear about the lead guitar? the only lead guitar in the song starts at 1:55 in the big ending.

The original MIDI version of this is just section after section. Basically just the "instrument" switching, so I kept it that way also.

The ending is also supposed to sound that way. Just a giant mass of sound. But the main melody is still clearly heard in there. The low-end pulse sound at the end is just a noise. I'm sorry that and 1:45 doesn't make sense to you. Can't help you there

It seems most of the issues you have with this are just your personal preferences.