just an idea [take 2]...

FuzzyLizard

So I've taken some time to think about my last big idea, and -- more or less -- retooled it.

Instead of a separate website, or branch of the original, we could make it a series of releases. Releases where we reach inside the original artists head, and try to pull out what was originally there, before they modified it to fit within console restrictions.

So to start, it wouldn't be strictly orchestra music [unless it fits the style of the original game and the music in question]. A few examples:

• Outrun would be more of a Smooth Jazz album
  • Solstice would be a mix of Orchestra and Rock
  • Werewolf: The Last Warrior would be Metal and/or Hard Rock
  • Megaman/Rockman would be something akin to J-Pop or Anime Music in sound
  • Batman would be an '80's Synth Rock collection

...and I'm pretty much generalizing with these examples, but I hope I'm clear on the concept. It seems like it'd be fun to pull together, though I don't know how the first thing about engineering/producing/etc. so someone else would have to, at the very least, do a hefty share of the work, :( but if someone can guide me along [and be patient with my lack of "domestic internet". I'd love to see this to fruition!

One last thing, If this is in the wrong sub-forum, can I have a mod move it?