Plogue Chipsounds + Ableton = popping noise on every hit... help?

Hey all. Maybe you can help me out with a little issue I'm having. While using Chipsounds as a VST plugin with Ableton I've noticed that pretty much no matter what I do, I always get a little popping noise at the start of each note. Example:

http://www.negativeworld.org/andrew/etc/Powered%20Up%20and%20Powered%20On%20-%20Pop.mp3

Here is what it looks like visualized:

pop.jpg

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or these two don't play nice together, or what. Anyone have any ideas? Especially anyone who uses Chipsounds... ever have a similar issue?

I'd really like to figure this out because I've tried out a variety of "chiptunes" VSTs and this is the first one I've used that has a good combination of sound quality, options, and ease of use.

You know, that honestly never occurred to me as a possibility. I have used other "chiptunes" type plugins like Peach, quadraSID, Basic64, NESPulse, etc. without this issue though. And usually in the past if I did stumble upon a click it'd be small and could be minimized through messing with the attack or something but I can't figure out anything that will work here and I spent like two hours beating my head against a wall last night trying to make the clicking go away.

Here is the same line done in Peach, for instance. Maybe a tiny pop but it's a lot cleaner. I just don't like the actual sound as much.

http://www.negativeworld.org/andrew/etc/Powered%20Up%20and%20Powered%20On%20-%20Pop%20-%202.mp3

Here is what it looks like visualized:

pop2.jpg

Compression, hmm. I haven't done much with that outside of drums, will have to play around with it and see what I can do.

Edited by negative_zero