Snes Tetris Attack Water stage remix

Dumbluck07

Starts out pretty trance-like with rather sparse textures. Uses some TR-808 percussion (google it) which, bare/dry and unlayered as they are now, sound thin and weak, for future reference.

Various plucky hits at 0:16, 0:19, and so on are too loud and resonant, especially at 0:39, 0:41, 0:44, 0:48, 0:50, and other timestamps past these. In other words, they stick out too much and hurt. EQ down the loud frequency boost you have somewhere, maybe near 6000~10000Hz. I don't know what DAW you use, but just do a thin EQ boost (+4~8dB), sweep across the spectrum slowly, stop when you hear something really piercing, and pull it down (-6~-10dB).

Also, starting at 0:26, there are weird bumping noises in the low bass that have me wondering what is actually making them. I don't want to wonder what they are; if you want them to be part of your stylistic choice, they should be more noticeable and distinct.

The brass lead is fake-sounding, for future reference. It sounds like a free soundfont or a synth brass patch.

Arrangement-wise, it sounds pretty simplistic, but I honestly don't hear the connection between the

and the remix. Anyone else hear anything? Also, funny how the source link is better audio quality than one other that was posted 3 years later... :<

Don't get discouraged, but there's a long way ahead to learning, and if you're willing to learn, we'll help! :)

Edited by timaeus222