Good photography forums?

Esperado

I really like how this forum has helped me grow as a musician in ways that i didnt on my own. I was really stagnating before i came here. whenever im not musicianing, i spend the majority of my time taking photos, but i find that my photo skills too could use some feedback or just some direction. So with that said, does anyone know of some good photography forums, or competitions out there on the interwebs? I know national geographic has monthly competitions that i will check out

Edited by Esperado
fixing title

You might want to look into finding a local group to join. I know that in my local area, there are a few groups that get together for taking pictures of various things and sharing techniques. I dabble somewhat in photography myself and will eventually join one of them. The ones that I came across ended up coming from Meetup.com.

Aside from there, I have found some books that have helped me out quite a bit. Scott Kelby has a large series of books that has really helped me out quite a bit. You can grab them fairly cheaply from Amazon if you have a Kindle or an iPad. He doesn't dive into subjects on an extremely technical perspective. Instead he very practical about the way he instructs you. I would definitely check his stuff out.

good idea! i never thought to look locally for a photography group. I live in a photographer inundated city, so it should be obvious to me.

Thanks for the book recommendation too, i need as much photography advice as i can get. You should link your photography over on the art subforum!