M4 (Part II) - original Mass Effect credits song

jane

• 2 weeks later...

It's pretty close to the original. It's hard to hear a lot of what's going on because it's so muddy though. Use an EQ to roll off the lows (start around 100hz and move it around a bit until find a good spot that doesn't sacrifice the quality of the sound) from any instrument that isn't considered a bass instrument and that should clear up a lot of it. When you have a lot of guitars and strings/pads sometimes you'll have to scoop out some low mid frequencies as well, around 200-250hz.

The playing and singing are done pretty well, kudos on that. Just practice those vocals so you can hit those notes easier

I'd recommend trying to make this your own a bit more, add some new ideas so that people listening will hear something new. It's really long too, since it's so close to the original which is also long. I'm a fan of longer songs, but a lot of people aren't.

Good stuff!

• 1 month later...
It's pretty close to the original. It's hard to hear a lot of what's going on because it's so muddy though. Use an EQ to roll off the lows (start around 100hz and move it around a bit until find a good spot that doesn't sacrifice the quality of the sound) from any instrument that isn't considered a bass instrument and that should clear up a lot of it. When you have a lot of guitars and strings/pads sometimes you'll have to scoop out some low mid frequencies as well, around 200-250hz.

The playing and singing are done pretty well, kudos on that. Just practice those vocals so you can hit those notes easier

I'd recommend trying to make this your own a bit more, add some new ideas so that people listening will hear something new. It's really long too, since it's so close to the original which is also long. I'm a fan of longer songs, but a lot of people aren't.

Good stuff!

Hey man. Sorry I missed this, just catching up now. Thank you for the comments, much appreciated.