*NO* Galcon 'Galcon Theme (Zweiforce Mix)'

Palpable

Hi,

I just joined ocremix and have a remix of the GALCON Theme. The game's creator Phil Hassey gave me permission to remix the song and post it online. The theme is by Chris Inge.

Direct mp3 download of the remix:

Soundcloud:

Here is the original song, for reference:

Thanks,

Zweiforce

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The intro to this is pretty badass, building into something really exciting. Unfortunately, that energy doesn't really lead anywhere. At 1:24, the meat of the track kicks in and it's quite reserved, not matching the energy of the intro. It also keeps very close to the original song and from that point on, the remix is fairly conservative. Definitely some neat production tricks, but this needs to differentiate itself further from the original, and needs to maintain the energy of the intro. It's also pretty repetitive, reusing some of the same patterns again and again, and changing those up would do a lot for holding the listener's interest.

NO (resubmit)

Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

Love the buildup, though it was a little cramed, and the sortof talky synh arpeggio is nice, but the song definitely gets a little too comfortable and into autopilot mode. The mixing is also pretty unbalanced. The talky synth, while cool, is overpowering both the piano melody, and a lot of the bass. It could definitely stand to come down in volume.

Transitions worked on a basic level, but there weren't enough builds that lead the listener to them, so some of the excitement is lost. In the big boomy sections, the legato bass note feel overstuffed, and a lot of clarity isn't there, when it should be punchy and clean. The theme is good, but the repetition gets to be a bit much, especially when the now-patented talky synth just does it's 4 chords for the entire song.

Very nice ideas added in, but there needs to be a bit more, and the production needs some cleaning as well. I like the road you are on, so polish it up a bit more and give us a resub! :-)

No, please resubmit

Edited by OA