A couple of Patchmix DSP questions for any E-MU users.

ekm

I've got an E-MU 0404, so two mono ins and two out, in addition to MIDI, SPDIF, and whatever other crap I can't remember sticking out the back of my computer right now. Works like a charm, though I'm having a couple of issues getting Patchmix (the mixing/routing utility it uses) to cooperate.

1. The "Product Default" session sets up ASIO so that each of the mono inputs sends to a stereo ASIO input. Thus, in my host (Tracktion right now) I have two lefts and two rights all sending the same thing. Even better, it has them set up so that the two lefts and two rights are paired together so I can't just use one stereo pair together and ignore the other. Can anyone tell me how to get it down to just a normal L+R setup?

The input strips are just loaded with a peak meter and then an ASIO send (1/2 and 3/4, respectively). I can't find any way to, say, make one send to ASIO 1 and the other to 2.

2. I run my guitar through a mixer (Behringer UB1204) and from there into the sound card. Since I have it subgrouped so that the guitar signal is going to both the computer and the headphone mix, I don't really need to monitor the same signal coming back out of the sound card with everything else I've already got tracked. Flipping the Monitor Mute button in Patchmix mutes all the output, unfortunately, but I know there must be a way to do it. At first I thought it might be a routing issue with my host but closing it quickly proved that theory wrong.

idunno about the monitor thing since i have the EMU 1820m with the audiodock which has a seperate headphone jack.

as far as the other problem goes it seems more like an issue with tracktion than patchmix DSP.

so... i'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say, but you should currently have 4 strips in your patchmix DSP:

1.) Wave Out

2.) ASIO 31/32 (for your host's playback)

3.) Mono In #1

4.) Mono In #2

leave wave out and ASIO 31/32 alone. in mono in 1 and 2, you should have ASIO sends (probably 1/2 and 3/4). from here on out it's all up to your host. tracktion should have some kind of ASIO configuration settings where you can set ASIO 1 and ASIO 3 to seperate channels. if it doesn't, it's time to get a real host.