Ice Cap Zone Piano Remake

Electrifiedkeys

Is this one of your first attempts at recording solo piano? It's not too bad at all :) I can see potential, but let me see if I can give you a few pointers for future tracks or refining this one.

* While I do hear Ice Cap in the track itself, a good 60% of the track or so sounds more like original additions. If this is to eventually be refined as an OCR submission, the arrangement needs to have considerably more source material. Having at least 50% of the track contain source is a good threshold to go for arrangement-wise.

* I don't know if it's more in relation to the FL piano soundfont, but the sound itself mostly feels very robotic, as if all notes are hit at the exact same velocity each time. You got the right idea at around 2:15 onwards, but even then it sounds a little more robotic than it should, and by the time the buildups start happening, the effect can't be heard. If there's a way for you to cut the attack slightly on the FL piano, that could be a start to help you get a slightly softer tone. That, and possibly go lighter on the first minute before going all-in with the mid section.

* A performance suggestion would be to also listen to other classical piano pieces similar to the sound you are going for, and pay attention to the left hand for any riffs to add to what you already know. Through this arrangement, I hear the nice little riff in the first 40 minutes or so that gets repeated a little much, octaves, and a simple triad movement (I-III-V-III-V-III-V-III). Learning more ways to handle the left hand outside from what you know would benefit future performances and give them a lot more depth as well.

I hope this is a start to getting you up there. You're grasping the concept - just keep learning and down the line you'd be going places :)