Disjunct Fate (Juggernaut Test)

Nabeel Ansari

Hm. Well, the sounds of course are great out of the box (I love the pipeharp mallets too, and the silver pocketwatch is great for tension), but for some reason this doesn't sound as loud as it can be. Try comparing to this, or this; they're definitely louder. zircon made a walkthrough of the second one

. I think the biggest difference in the mastering is the choice of limiter. zircon uses a soft knee limiter, so that's one big reason it sounds as loud as it does; those don't react as quickly to compressing the sound as hard knee limiters do. i.e. they have a higher "tolerance".

Another possible reason is that it's encouraged that you layer Juggernaut sounds together carefully and EQ carefully to get a full sound. Don't be afraid of changing the stereo image of the sounds, either, to create an expansiveness/3D feel to the stereo field.

Edited by timaeus222

The only other thing that I would feel is a non-minor (not major, but not quite minor enough that it doesn't matter) issue is that the strings, while good, are:

1) a tiny bit muddled with the choir

2) have that quick rhythm for much of when they are playing, and they, for example, could have a more deliberate rhythm at 1:20 to the end. Perhaps change to triplets, or use longer, emphasized notes, and it'll signal the ending more clearly (pretending that the soundcloud waveform isn't there).