Fire Emblem: Awakening - Chaos

S.A.S.Falcon

Hey all, newbie on the forum.

I've been remixing/arranging with a particular track that I found really catchy on Fire Emblem: Awakening, while messing with the Evolve Mutations sample a bit.

This is what I have so far

https://soundcloud.com/sasfalcon/fire-emblem-awakening-chaos

(And the original song for reference)

I'd love to know what you all think so far. I've been attempting to get the wind-down before the loop going, but it's proving difficult to do that without a sudden awkward drop in intensity. What would you guys think the best way to 'ease' into the loop would be from here?

Thanks heaps!

Can you timestamp what you're talking about with the loop? This track gets really muddy later on, so the dynamics are pretty flat right now and I don't hear wherever it's supposed to be. 0:38-0:58 is where I'd say it starts getting too muddy, 0:58-1:17 gets muddier, and 1:41-2:12 is even muddier than that.

You'll need to mute some instruments and pick only the ones you want to keep. You may have too many things going on at once for you to EQ. Know what's there, keep track of what frequencies it's taking up, and organize yourself. You're using FL Studio, so you should be able to see the frequencies that your instruments are occupying. ;)

The full loop wasn't quite implemented yet, but I was hoping to go with something at least partially similar to what the original composition had.

I got this for now

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47859052/Chaos%20%5BWIP2%5D.mp3

The bit I'm planning the end to loop to is now the start, although it's a bit rushed and sounds more like something from Mechwarrior than being a real part of this song.

The original uses a lot of sixteenth notes, but with the tempo I have this at right now, I've had to resort to doing eighth notes. It does make having that loop fit properly difficult.

I haven't really cleaned up anything with this version, but I'll definitely take your advice on that.

(True, I do use FL, but even after like, a year and a bit I still feel like I only know the basics, so I'm not quite sure how to view the frequencies that my instruments use. I'll look into it)

(True, I do use FL, but even after like, a year and a bit I still feel like I only know the basics, so I'm not quite sure how to view the frequencies that my instruments use. I'll look into it)

Oh, I'm not saying I expect you to do it well, I just know it's an available feature. :P All I'm suggesting is that you know the visual aid aspect exists. Everyone learns at their own rate, but I love that feature. :)

Edited by timaeus222