EWI Multitrack cover of 'Village' theme from SimCity (SNES)

SoUnDoLe

Hi everyone,

I just finished putting together a multitracked recording of the 'Village' theme from SNES SimCity, using EWIs (Electronic Wind Instruments). This isn't a remix in the same sense that most of tracks on these forums and site are, since it's just a straight transcription from the original source SPC, but I'm sure some people here might find it interesting. I would welcome any comments or feedback!

It is on youtube here:

Thanks for listening!

• 2 weeks later...

Neat! This track was always a favorite of mine. I adore most of the SNES Sim City and Sim Ant soundtracks.. a lot of hours poured into those games as a kid.

As for the music? Really interesting sound coming from the AKAI. It completely reminds me of the SNES original in a good way - the playing sounds great.

I'd love to see a remix or some more creative liberties taken with the source material though; as a cover it sounds very reminiscent of the original. Still, nice work. ^_^

Thanks mate, I appreciate you listening. The EWI is an instrument I'm still struggling to find a proper home for - multitrack covers at least sound texturally cohesive but it's difficult to make a convincing mix with anything else. I'd really love to make some arrangements that do a bit more than cover source material, but on the other hand, I have a great respect for the way people like Smooth McGroove are able to venerate the source material by presenting it verbatim (albeit with more expression!).