Corridors of Time: Chrono Trigger

Hi all, first post here. It seems like this is the place to go for this sort of thing. I've had FL Studio for some time now but never really done much with it besides thrown together some neat sounding little clips from time to time. Honestly I don't know a lot about the program, I've been trying to watch some tutorials and pick up some things here and there but mostly I just fiddle with stuff and hope it doesn't sound awful. If you have any helpful FL Studio tips besides your critique of the song, I'd be glad to hear them.

In any case, I decided to sit down and do something a few days ago and managed to put this together in that time.

Soundbutt

If I could describe what sort of genre I was going for I'd have to say 'chill.' Kind of a nice laid back remix with some nice electronic elements sort of thing. I know right off the bat one of the issues is that it is pretty close to the source (besides some added harmonies). I have some ideas for some sort of bridge in the middle but everything I tried either seemed to not fit with the rest of it, sound wrong since I couldn't find the right instrument, and seem like a detraction from the beauty of the piece. I want to add something to it, I really do, but I just can't seem to bring myself to 'mess with' how it sounded originally. I don't know if there are any ideas you all have for how to change a beloved song.

Anyway, I've gone on long enough. Hope to be around here more in the future, and look forward to your critiques and comments.

-Moog

Sounds good, keep at it. More of a cover than a remix, but that's cool. The only tip I can think of is to mess with the release slider for the lead synth to give it some release instead of having it abruptly stop at the end of the note. It would fit better with the whole echo-y thing you have going.